We will have our next meeting at Las Palmas on November 8, 2014 at 9:oo AM. Program to be announced. See you there. 73 Bill
October 25. NOFARS 0900 TERRY PARKER BAPTIST CHURCH 7025 MERRILL RD. NEAR TOWNSEND BLVD, Free tailgate
November 1. LARA 0900 11146 Springdale Ave. in Leesburg, Fl. 34788, just east of County Road 473.
November 8. FPCARC 0900 70 Town Court, Palm Coast, 32164
November 13. Flagler ARES 1830 Flagler EOC
December 3. FPCARC holiday party 1800 Palm Coast Yacht Club 1 Yacht Club Drive, Palm Coast, FL 32137
December 6. VE 0900 at Flagler EOC
December 6. Ocala/Silver Springs hamfest, Green Clover Hall
319 SE 26th Terrace Ocala, FL 34470
December 11. Flagler ARES 1830 Flagler EOC
December 13. Tampa Bay Hamfest Agricultural Show Center 2508 W. Oak Avenue, Plant City, FL 33563
and that is it for 2014
Time for an editorial from the repeater committee.
We spent a lot of time and money to have a fine repeater for FPCARC. It covers all of Flagler and half of Volusia and St Johns counties. Just one little problem, no one is on it except Monday and Thursday nights! Please monitor when in your vehicle or shack. I do. This reinforces an observation I have made since retiring 3 years ago. 30-40 years ago there were few repeaters, one or two in each town, none in Flagler, but all were always active, and there was activity on 146.52 simplex everywhere. Now we have at least 9 in Flagler for 300 licenses, only about 100 active hams. some do not appear to ever be used. Volusia and St. Johns look similar to us – I scan everything for 40 miles out. On my recent trips I programmed hundreds of repeaters and heard activity on less than 10%, very little even near big cities.
Lets start monitoring and talking when there are no nets.
73 Bill WS1C
FPCARC Minutes for September 13, 2014 Meeting.
President Mel W2MEL, called the meeting to order at 9:10 AM.
The 23 attendees provided introduction.
Motion to dispense the minutes of previous meeting was made and accepted.
Motion to accept a narrative financial report was made and accepted.
Bill, WS1C presented the following items as related to the FPCARC repeater. Addressed the issue related the back-up power supply. Motion to reactivate the repeater voice I. D. was made, followed by discussion. Members voted to activate the voice I. D. included resolving past issue. Finally, a report on the repeated fund was presented.
The members voted to have a D-Star training program at our October 18 meeting.
The scheduled October 18 VE session was announced, including the time change from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. This VE session will be at the Flagler County EOC.
Doug, W3CF, provided the scheduled program. He presented an informative review of his participation in amateur radio emergency communication when residing in Pennsylvania. In addition, Doug provided a comprehensive review of his past DX Expedition activity. Both elements were enhanced with a slide presentation.
At 11:10 AM. a motion to adjoin the meeting was made and accepted.
Recorded and submitted by WB2CIC.
We will meet on October 18 at 9AM at Las Palmas at 70 Town Ct, Palm Coast, FL 32164. Link to map. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Las+Palmasemail@example.com,-81.1891019,1433m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5f96644ef73b36eb
We will have a great program presented by Paul K3NON and ED W9CHA on Dstar, from basics to advanced questions. D+ repeater linking and D-Rats will also be covered. As always Marilyn will have coffee and sweets.
That afternoon we will have a VE session at the Flagler EOC at 1 PM.
FPCARC August 2014 Meeting: 8/23/20014. Recorded by WB2CIC.
President Mel Levison, W2MEL called the meeting to order at 9:15 AM.
First order was a salute to the Flag by the members, followed by member and guests introduction. Total attendance was 15.
Motion to accept the minutes, as posted on the FPCARC web site, was made and accepted by the members. The treasurer report was read by Sally and accepted by the members.
Mel gave a brief overview of our field day event, which will be posted in the October QST.
Vice President Bill Schwartz, WS1C provided a comprehensive over view for the FPCARC activities and events through December 2014. Bill also stressed the need for members, on a regular bases, to view fpcarc.org for information and up dates.
Some of the key events noted by Bill were dates of the FPCARC meetings (September 13 and October 18) at Las Palmas, VE session at the EOC on October 18, dates and location of ham fests, ARES meetings and nets, MS bike event-September 20 and 21.
Also addressed was the need for the club to formalize a policy and procedure for the FPCARC repeater.
A presentation on the location of the FPCARC holiday social was provided. Two location were discussed, the Yacht Club and Hilton Garden Inn. Bill and social chair Marilyn provided detailed information. After a brief discussion the members voted for the Yacht Club.
Following a break Bill provide a travel log on his trip to the ARRL Centennial event, various side trips to military museums, Finally his attendance at the Huntsville ham fest, and his visit at two FPCARC snowbird summer homes, (KD2AU and W1GNS)
Meeting was adjoined at 11:25 AM.
October – really busy
4th Hamfest JAX sponsored by Orange Park Club
10 & 11 Melbourne hamfest, one of the better
16 ARES FHF
18 FPCARC meeting AM Las Palmas here VE at EOC 1:00PM
25 NORARS tailgate JAX
1 LARA tailgate – clubhouse
8 FPCARC meeting AM Las Palmas
20 ARES FHF
December 3 Holiday Party PCYC
A local ham has some items for sale
Ham Radio Items-
(all prices are asking prices)
1. SWR and RF Power Meter-Tempo RFB-1A (no manual).Price-$30
2. Baker &Williamson TVI Filter-FL-10/1500. Price-$40
3. IC Active Audio Filter-Autek Research QF-1 (w/manual).Price-$25
4. SSB Transceiver-Swan 700cx (manual, earphones and mic). Price-$400 for items 4 , 5 ,and 6.
5. Power Supply (117 VAC) for above Swan 700.
6. Set of replacement tubes for above Swan 700 (w/8950 matched pair).
7. Transmitter-WRL Globe Chief Model 90 (w/manual).Price-$40 for items 7 and 8.
8. Set of spare tubes for Globe Chief (5-807’s, 1-6AG7, 1-12AU7A).
9. Micronta Field Strength and SWR Tester (w/manual). Price-$10
10. Wire Dipole with W2AU matching Balum set for 20-meter CW band, and
50 feet of RG-8U 50 Ohm Coax Cable (w/spare used Balum).Price-$25
11. Early telegraph Keyer and Receiver (J-38).Price-$20.
12. Several Standard Power Supplies
a. SPS 90D 12/15 Option 93, 12 to 15 vdc at 3.0A.Price-$20
b. SPS 30D 12/15 12 to 15vdc at .7A and 12 to 15vdc at .7A.Price-$10
13. Regulated Power Supply-Power/Mate Corp. 5volt 1.2A or 6volt 1.0A.Price-$15
14. W2AU Traps, two for 20 Meters, one for 10 Meters, and one for 15 Meters. Giveaway
15. Electronic Paddle Keyer-CMOS Circuitry plus four blank keyer pc boards. Price-$15
16. Two High Voltage Coils, two inch diameter, one 32 turns, the other 47 turns. Price-$5
17. Two large Variable Capacitors. $10 each
18. High Voltage Tubes (Used), 4X-250B Eimac (3), 4X-150A Eimac (5),New JAN 7034 Eimac (1) (4X-150A), RCA 8072 (2), and Eimac JAN-CIM-2C39A (2). Price for new tubes-$20 each, Used-$5 each
19. Two sockets SK600 (Air system socket for 4X-!50A Tube). Price-$25 each
20. Fluke 1910A Multi-counter and probe. Price-$40
21. Newport Panel Voltmeter-DC Volts (w/manual). Price-$10
22. Two multi-drawer table top cabinets of electronic parts resistors, capacitors, crystals, and sockets, etc for bread boarding transmitters and receivers. Price-$20 each cabinet. (one cabinet 50 drawers, other one less drawers)
23. Fifteen high voltage electrolytic capacitors for power supplies. Price-$15.
24. Eight small variable capacitors, various sizes. $10
For Sale WS1C@fpcarc.org or 386-283-4017 Will bring to May 3 tailgate
- Yaesu FT- 817 excellent condition with accessories, battery, Cell holder, AC charger, DC cable , book, box, PGM software. $500
- Drake TR-4 W/Drake speaker – PS, new caps. mike, spare finals & other tubes, Relay and socket, book, 150W output measured $400
- Yaesu ATAS- 120 automatic antenna W/ homebrew mount n 370 $200
- Bird 43 with N connectors, 100E UHF slug $200
- IC-T-90 Excellent with box and accessories 50, 144, 440 HT $150
- Mirage B108 tested 10=78, 5=60 W/preamp $70
- Dummy load to 900Mhz – 100W CW 500W PEP $50
- Garmin GPS-76 w/ external antenna $40
- Micromatch HF wattmeter 10-100-1000W forward-reflected $40
- Astron RS-12 13.6V 12 A linear PS OK for 50W VHF-UHF $30
- Sola 120V 1000W ferro- resonant regulator $20
- Powerstat Q116 9A 120V 1000VA variable transformer $20
- Pro Mariner 30A marine 3 battery charger $20
- Insignia DTV receiver with remote $20
- Workman UV325 dualband –NMO new 146=1.5, 440=1.5 $20
- Larsen Kulrod 5/8 w/magmount 7 cable BNC 145=1.15 $15
- Antenna Spec. magmount 2m 5/8 w/ UHF cable 148=1.1 $15
- Unknown 5/8 Spring mount excellent w/UHF cable 146=1.1 $15
- CB magmount modified for 10 meters with UHF cable $15
- Uniden Bearcat BC-200XLT with charger $15
- HF VSWR bridges, Motorola, Heath, Swan, Amer. Elect. each $10
- Texscan/Theta Comm 7272 VHF Signal level meter $10
- Hombrew Power supply 13.6V 4.5A w/powerpoles $10
- Hombrew power supply 13.6V 4.0A /powerpoles $10
- Netgear WNR834B & Linksys BEFW1154 wireless routers both $10
- Data switches, 2 way, one 4 way db-25 both for $10
- Garmin GPSMAP 168, not working, DC cable, data cable, AC supply, book $10
Ham Radio Software
CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats.
I have not tried yet, but AA6ML says it works.
73 Bill, WS1C