Huntsville Hamfest is on August 16 and 17. Nearly 600 miles over 9 hours.
We will be holding a VE session at the EOC on August 9th at 9 AM. If you are able to help please contact me. Thanks Bill WS1C.
The September meeting will be at Las Palmas on September 23 at 9am. See august meeting for details.
The next club meeting will be August 23 At Las Palmas 70 Town Ct, Palm Coast, FL at 9 AM in the Activity room straight in from the main entrance. There will be coffee and doughnuts. Program will be WS1C trip to ARRL Centennial and Huntsville Hamfests.
1 DIGITAL CAMERA FOUND @ FIELD DAY TO RETRIEVE IT SEND THE DESCRIPTION TO MEL1RAMCO@AOL.COM…W2MEL
A local ham has some items for sale
Ham Radio Items-
(all prices are asking prices)
1. SWR and RF Power Meter-Tempo RFB-1A (no manual).Price-$30
2. Baker &Williamson TVI Filter-FL-10/1500. Price-$40
3. IC Active Audio Filter-Autek Research QF-1 (w/manual).Price-$25
4. SSB Transceiver-Swan 700cx (manual, earphones and mic). Price-$400 for items 4 , 5 ,and 6.
5. Power Supply (117 VAC) for above Swan 700.
6. Set of replacement tubes for above Swan 700 (w/8950 matched pair).
7. Transmitter-WRL Globe Chief Model 90 (w/manual).Price-$40 for items 7 and 8.
8. Set of spare tubes for Globe Chief (5-807’s, 1-6AG7, 1-12AU7A).
9. Micronta Field Strength and SWR Tester (w/manual). Price-$10
10. Wire Dipole with W2AU matching Balum set for 20-meter CW band, and
50 feet of RG-8U 50 Ohm Coax Cable (w/spare used Balum).Price-$25
11. Early telegraph Keyer and Receiver (J-38).Price-$20.
12. Several Standard Power Supplies
a. SPS 90D 12/15 Option 93, 12 to 15 vdc at 3.0A.Price-$20
b. SPS 30D 12/15 12 to 15vdc at .7A and 12 to 15vdc at .7A.Price-$10
13. Regulated Power Supply-Power/Mate Corp. 5volt 1.2A or 6volt 1.0A.Price-$15
14. W2AU Traps, two for 20 Meters, one for 10 Meters, and one for 15 Meters. Giveaway
15. Electronic Paddle Keyer-CMOS Circuitry plus four blank keyer pc boards. Price-$15
16. Two High Voltage Coils, two inch diameter, one 32 turns, the other 47 turns. Price-$5
17. Two large Variable Capacitors. $10 each
18. High Voltage Tubes (Used), 4X-250B Eimac (3), 4X-150A Eimac (5),New JAN 7034 Eimac (1) (4X-150A), RCA 8072 (2), and Eimac JAN-CIM-2C39A (2). Price for new tubes-$20 each, Used-$5 each
19. Two sockets SK600 (Air system socket for 4X-!50A Tube). Price-$25 each
20. Fluke 1910A Multi-counter and probe. Price-$40
21. Newport Panel Voltmeter-DC Volts (w/manual). Price-$10
22. Two multi-drawer table top cabinets of electronic parts resistors, capacitors, crystals, and sockets, etc for bread boarding transmitters and receivers. Price-$20 each cabinet. (one cabinet 50 drawers, other one less drawers)
23. Fifteen high voltage electrolytic capacitors for power supplies. Price-$15.
24. Eight small variable capacitors, various sizes. $10
For Sale WS1C@fpcarc.org or 386-283-4017 Will bring to May 3 tailgate
- Yaesu FT- 817 excellent condition with accessories, battery, Cell holder, AC charger, DC cable , book, box, PGM software. $500
- Drake TR-4 W/Drake speaker – PS, new caps. mike, spare finals & other tubes, Relay and socket, book, 150W output measured $400
- Yaesu ATAS- 120 automatic antenna W/ homebrew mount n 370 $200
- Bird 43 with N connectors, 100E UHF slug $200
- IC-T-90 Excellent with box and accessories 50, 144, 440 HT $150
- Mirage B108 tested 10=78, 5=60 W/preamp $70
- Dummy load to 900Mhz - 100W CW 500W PEP $50
- Garmin GPS-76 w/ external antenna $40
- Micromatch HF wattmeter 10-100-1000W forward-reflected $40
- Astron RS-12 13.6V 12 A linear PS OK for 50W VHF-UHF $30
- Sola 120V 1000W ferro- resonant regulator $20
- Powerstat Q116 9A 120V 1000VA variable transformer $20
- Pro Mariner 30A marine 3 battery charger $20
- Insignia DTV receiver with remote $20
- Workman UV325 dualband –NMO new 146=1.5, 440=1.5 $20
- Larsen Kulrod 5/8 w/magmount 7 cable BNC 145=1.15 $15
- Antenna Spec. magmount 2m 5/8 w/ UHF cable 148=1.1 $15
- Unknown 5/8 Spring mount excellent w/UHF cable 146=1.1 $15
- CB magmount modified for 10 meters with UHF cable $15
- Uniden Bearcat BC-200XLT with charger $15
- HF VSWR bridges, Motorola, Heath, Swan, Amer. Elect. each $10
- Texscan/Theta Comm 7272 VHF Signal level meter $10
- Hombrew Power supply 13.6V 4.5A w/powerpoles $10
- Hombrew power supply 13.6V 4.0A /powerpoles $10
- Netgear WNR834B & Linksys BEFW1154 wireless routers both $10
- Data switches, 2 way, one 4 way db-25 both for $10
- Garmin GPSMAP 168, not working, DC cable, data cable, AC supply, book $10
UPDATE – just got off the phone with Jerry from CSI – he informed me that the estimated price of the unit will be around $249 (tentative). This is a killer-price for the only radio in the world that does DMR and DSTAR and analog (narrow and wide-band).
If you just couldn’t make a decision on whether to get DSTAR (from Icom) or MotoTrbo from Motorola, you soon won’t have to choose. Get BOTH on the same handheld radio, in either VHF or UHF. Projected timeframe is FALL of 2014.
CSI (Connect Systems Inc) – legendary makers of the tone encoder/decoder boards (back when they weren’t available in handhelds and had to be installed as an aftermarket device) is already building DMR radios (of course, also capable of narrowband-FM) and have recently announced that they will be expanding the capability of their DMR radio to include DSTAR..!!
No cost projections yet, but their standard DMR radio is only $185 (Amateur Net) – compared to over $600 from Motorola, so expect that the new combo radio will be in the $350-400 range (my wild-ars-guess).
Here are some details
Ham Radio Software
CHIRP is a free, open-source tool for programming your amateur radio. It supports a large number of manufacturers and models, as well as provides a way to interface with multiple data sources and formats.
I have not tried yet, but AA6ML says it works.
73 Bill, WS1C