FLAGLER PALM COAST AMETEUR RADIO CLUB
May 31, 2014
A special meeting of the Flagler Palm Coast Amateur Radio Club was called to order at 09:06 on May 31, 2014 in Las Palmas by Mel Levinson, President.
Pledge of Allegiance
Joe WB2QAV, Jim KK4KNA, Anthony KG4JSK, Gene W4PRS, Thomas NP2D, John W8JW, Charles WB2CIC, Karl N2EAO, Dave KA4TXY, Marilyn, Mel W2MEL, Bill WS1C, Tim WA3QCV, Sally KJ4ZPP, Rick KC2HFL
Approval of Minutes
The minutes from the previous meeting, as posted on the club web site, W4FPC.org, were unanimously approved.
Mel W2MEL - The special meeting was called to assess the potential new meeting site at Las Palmas.
Financial Report – Totals given for Club and Repeater Accounts as reported by the treasurer, Sally. Motion to approve was seconded and approved by the floor.
Repeater Committee – Bill WS1C
- Bill Spoke of a Repeater Committee meeting in January. Committee members not present were emailed. Covered funding, rent, voice ID, PL tone, inventory, donations, hospital repeater and DStar.
- DStar no longer a viable option at the college repeater site due lack of internet.
- Advised of monies received as donations. Installation was paid for. Advised of the cost per month, unbilled rent and rent due through December. The current amount in the repeater fund can cover the rent.
- Voice ID, complaints were made and the ID was removed.
- Hospital Repeater – Mike Lee has a repeater there on loan. Tim has donated antenna and other equipment. The hospital club call is W4FHF.
- Mike Lee has asked to be paid for the materials used in the installation of the repeater at the college. Inventories were provided by both Mike and Tim. The amount Mike has asked for is substantially less than the actual value. Tim will donate the repeater and additional equipment. The invoice Mike submitted is due upon receipt.
- Discussion on how the invoice is to be paid. Bill asked for additional monetary donations from the membership.
- Motion by Anthony to pay Mike as soon as possible. Seconded by Bill.
- Additional discussion on the motion. Members not in attendance are to be emailed the motion and should be given the opportunity to vote on the question.
- Motion voted on approved to pay Mike.
- Motion by Bill for the club to loan the repeater fund from the general fund, to be paid back in future years. Seconded by Anthony KG4JSK.
- Motion approved for the loan to the repeater fund.
Motion by Bill WS1C to dispense with the regular meeting on Tuesday, June 3rd. Seconded.
- Motion carried. Email blast to members not in attendance.
School Committee – Anthony KG4JSK
- The STEM grant, which Jose was working under, is expiring.
- Up to the teachers to carry the torch.
- Motion by Anthony to rescind the clubs’ $500 donation to the schools and give them donated helium tanks. Seconded by Bill.
- Motion approved.
- Bill – Update on classes. Darius has not been heard from. Not encouraging, forth radio given away with no return on investment. Dana’s direction is robotics. No interest in Raspberry Pi.
- Anthony – Teach ham radio for adult classes at FTI. Anthony will look in to the possibility.
Antenna Committee – Anthony KG4JSK
- Bob Lavelle is now a permanent resident at Moultrie Rehabilitation. Visitors are encouraged. Room 140.
Charlie WB2CIC – Tribute to Sarjit Paintel WA2YFN who has passed on May 19th.
- Coffee break -
Bill WS1C – Discussion of meeting place and days available.
- Charlie WB2CIC – The library first caters to organizations with activities that involve children.
- Pros and cons of Las Palmas.
- Conflicting Saturday dates, hamfests, etc. Saturdays seem to be the consensus.
- Motion by Charlie WB2CIC to move the meeting to this location (Las Palmas) on the best Saturday’s possible for our schedule. Seconded.
- Motion voted on and approved.
- Discussion ensued on the motion.
Food Committee – Marilyn
- Field Day – requests and discussion of food for the event.
- Discussion on Pizza Social.
- Mel to pay for the party.
- Date to be determined.
- Field Day discussion. Food to be served at 5:00 pm.
Bill WS1C – Field Day.
- Discussion on proclamations and publicity.
- 3 stations; CW, HF, digital.
- Gear storage at EOC. Help needed with loading and moving.
- Setup to start at 10:00.
- Operating time commitments. Email blast for operator time slots.
- More discussion on the number of stations to be setup.
- Charlie WB2CIC to invite guest operators.
- Motion by Charlie WB2CIC to make Field Day in honor of Sarjit Paintel WA2YFN.
- Seconded by Bill WS1C.
- Motion voted on and passed.
Bill WS1C – Discussion on tour of Las Palmas as a program for the next meeting. All agreed to the program.
No new business.
Motion to adjourn by Charlie WB2CIC, seconded Anthony KJ4JSK.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:09 by Mel W2MEL.
Minutes respectfully submitted by:
Richard J Reuther KC2HFL